• Brown the chopped shallots in extra-virgin olive oil and add the peas.
• Cook for 5 minutes, adding half a glass of water. Add salt and pepper, add a few basil leaves and blend.
• Adjust the cream with a few tablespoons of milk and pass it through the colander. Boil the fregola in boiling water, adding a pinch of salt.
• Brown the garlic in plenty of olive oil, add the tomatoes, a pinch of salt, pepper and sugar.
• Add the anchovies and let them melt. Drain the pasta and stir with the sauce.
• Serve the fregola on the pea cream, grate the rind of a fresh lemon and a pinch of black pepper. Decorated with edible flowers.
Anchovy fillets in extra virgin olive oil
Firm and meaty, in the iconic golden tin, they are one of the Rizzoli’s greatest classic. The delicate lightness of the oil enhances the anchovies’ natural taste without overwhelming it; the authentic and unmistakable flavour is a gift to the palate.