• Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
• Chop the thyme, lavender flowers and chilli, mix together adding a pinch of salt.
• Wash the aubergines, remove the top and cut them in half.
• Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the 4 halves with the pulp facing upwards.
• With a knife, cut into the pulp, as if to create a grid.
• Season the pulp of the aubergines with the chopped thyme, lavender and chili previously prepared. Finish off with a little oil and bake.
• Cook for 30/40 minutes or until you can easily pierce the pulp with the prongs of a fork. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
• When the aubergines are cold, remove the pulp with the help of a spoon and place it in a bowl; to make the sauce more homogeneous, blend it with an immersion mixer and, if necessary, add salt.
• Serve on single-portion spoons adding in each an anchovy in Rizzoli sauce. Finish with lavender flowers and serve.
Anchovies in Sauce
Our anchovies are fished with the 'circle' technique, sustainable and respectful of the marine ecosystem. The quantities are strictly regulated and established from year to year to avoid over-exploitation of the sea.